Thursday, November 30, 2006

Twisted Fate

Hiatus is finally lifted.

Happy Bonifacio Day. Alas, we have this holiday off. Now, we await the storm.

I'm not supposed to be at the computer right now. My parents threatened commanded me to rest my sprained ankle, but I still have lots to do for school.

Wait, what sprained ankle? I'll talk about that, then.

This is the second time I sprained an ankle. It was during a basketball game in PE. The other team was trying to shoot the ball. I don't remember how it really happened, but I recall being pushed and my right leg bending sideways. Everyone was running to the other basket when I stood up and realized I twisted my ankle. I guess no one else besides the teacher and his next class noticed I had a sprain. Some of them even helped me down the stairs of the gym. But the clinic was across the oval, being frustratingly far for someone who has a hard time walking. After limping through the field and 15 minutes of cold compress at the clinic, I remembered that I had to go to the 4th floor of the building for a long test. Then I limped again downstairs to the ground floor, to the cafeteria for a while, then to the service bus which was across the oval. It was nightmarish.

My folks at home got surprised about my ankle. For the first time in a while, I had the right to treat my younger siblings as slaves >:D (They were willing to...). It was just hard to get around the house to study for the next day, finish our report, to eat at the table and to go to the bathroom. My ankle swelled up a lot that night.

The next day, I planned to go to school using the service bus >_<, attend the first two subjects where in the second one we had a long test (I didn't want to take a post quarter test this quarter.) and go homeafter that. I didn't get to talk about the plan for the project we were going to cram do for tomorrow, and didn't hear of anything from my groupmates besides the time they called to get my locker code. Our materials for the project were there. I slept the whole day. The sprain started getting bruises. Now I'm too squemish to even look at it.

In the afternoon, I heard that classes the next day were suspended. To think I still had too much to do, I left books at the locker I needed to review, and lots of important stuff.

Now I'm here typing this post. I still can't walk, and I had a hard time going upsatirs to the room. The sprain looks worse, more swollen and bruised, but I'm not worried about that right now. I'm more worried about the requirements for next week and the periodical tests.

Of all times to get a sprained ankle.


Signing off.


*Edit (Dec. 1)- added title*

2 comments:

the.volty.lass said...

o.o I don't wanna believe it.. of all the things and time.. a sprained ankle in quarter test? I'm sorry to hear that.. but I hope you'll get better, moi will pray for you. :D

Jude said...

Thanks, Aya. :D

It's still hard to get around and do school work, but the doctor at the clinic says it'll get better in a few weeks. I just don't know how few is "few".

And thanks, again.