Sunday, November 12, 2006

Blog post, again. I’m back, still sick and somewhat somber. I don’t feel all that cheerful, yet there’s nothing to be depressed about.

And I’m tired as well. There’s a lot to do at school right now, and I’m tired of staying up late at night, and even on weekends, doing homework, reviewing, etc. Then when I come to school, the work I had done the other night isn’t of any use.

I’m supposed to go to the doctor. I was supposed to for a long time. The colds and cough lasted for almost a month now, yet I haven’t had a check-up yet. My schedule doesn’t time for a check-up :P . Even weekends are filled up with tutorials and homework sessions. Anyway, who gives a darn about health and sanity? Academics seem more important to other people. The adults here can just make a honey and garlic concoction for cough at home (which is very hot) or go to the faith healer in the neighborhood *shudder*. -__-. I still feel sick.

Speaking of tutorials, I really didn’t want to go today. There wasn’t any new lesson to learn, and I found that the introduction to matrices, the next topic in school, was easy. We didn’t start with the introduction. I was taught augmented matrices, which takes a longer time to solve and the concept is harder. It is like solving systems of equations except it was designed for computers. I still don’t get why we have to know how to do that in that case. The problem I was given, a 3x3 square, took 20 minutes for me to solve and get correct. Even the tutor didn’t get the right answers. After that, I was taught multiplicative inverses of matrices. I was taught how to solve it. It’s just like solving augmented matrices. When I had to check if the answer was correct, I found out that I needed to use multiplication to check, which I still didn’t know then. That’s the only time the tutor taught me the definition of matrices, addition, multiplication, all those things which were simpler than the augmented matrices I learned at first. Learning backwards is hard.


Something random:

I just figured out that it’s easier to use a tablet on top of your lap or while holding it and with a laptop. It’s easier for me to use it like that. I haven’t been using it for a while because I don’t have the time and I can’t transfer my line art to the computer (the digicam I use to take a shot of it and upload is broken). Hopefully, I’ll be able to make something with it.

Signing off.

No comments: