Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Visitors...

Sorry for not updating for a while. You see, I haven't been getting ideas for posts recently, and somebody broke the mouse of the computer when I finally thought of something.

One day this week, I was drawing a few characters from my weird fantasies (......), wearing an oversized shirt and ratty denims, with my hair like a nest as it always has been. I was called downstairs to meet my great aunt who came to visit for some reason I don't know about. My aunt introduced us to her, "Mano po," we siblings replied before putting the back of her hand on our foreheads as a traditional gesture of respect. As we exited from the living room (ran away, actually) our great aunt remarked about us kids in the house, saying we've all become fatter and scruffier than before.

Fat? Who are you calling "fat''? I can take being called scruffy; I'm not too fussy about my looks, and I didn't expect visitors. Maybe I gained a few pounds since we last met her, but I'm not that fat. You don't know fat unless you've seen our aunt's massive thighs.

That might be why I don't like visitors comparing what I look like now from before. But still...

No comments: