Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Short Reflection

I knew I should've published this earlier, so I might as well now.

It was Sunday morning when I heard the news about the Pope's passing. When my mom first told me after I got up from bed, I was shocked and even denied it, for us Filipinos greatly admired him. The Sunday Mass was on in our kitchen as usual, but this time the news about the death of Pope John Paul II was being scrolled at the bottom of the screen. That was the only time I believed it. Somehow I felt guilty for not praying enough for him while he was in critical conditon.
In the afternoon, we were all watching the coverage of a ceremony inside the chapel where the Pope's remains were laid. I wasn't sure which ceremony that was because I arrived late. Later, I heard my aunt discussing the issue with her daughter. I remember her saying that it was good that the Pontiff was gently released from his suffering and is in a more peaceful place. I completely agree.
Now I accept the facts and pray that the loyal servant of the Lord may achieve the reward that he deserves.

No comments: