Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ignorance does lead to mortal sin

Thou shall not steal. Or in this case, thou shall not plagiarize.

Which I did, unintentionally. I forgot to put at least quotation marks on direct quotes in my STR research summaries. One reason was because I lost half of that requirement yesterday and got it back a few minutes before submission. And that I was half-asleep while doing the assignment.

I wish these kinds of details on quoting sources, and the details and deadlines of requirements, were clarified a long time ago. I wouldn't have tried to jump off the stairs after today's class if I knew.

I deserve it and all the academic mess-ups that are waiting to happen this week because I'm being myself. Yay for self-pity.

I'm still in a bad mood. What a week.

Signing off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meagan, it's not your fault given that you really don't know a thing about it. Plagiarism isn't even a mortal sin. Don't be sad. I am really sorry if I ranted in your class. Pero nainis lang talaga ako sa STR 2 class for plagiarising their work. Sorry again...

Jude said...

Perhaps I did overexaggerate in this post. Too stressed with the day's requirements when I posted this, maybe.

I just thought that writing the source where the info was found was enough and it isn't required to place the direct quote in between quotation marks.

It's another lesson learned.

Anonymous said...

it is better view things like this as a part of the learning process... at least, i pinpointed it early in class... :) hindi na kayo nag-aksaya ng panahong magsulat and at the end malalaman niyong mali pala ang ginagawa nyo... :)