Sunday, June 17, 2007

Reconsideration

Okay, so I really might have been drunk (No, wait. I'm still underage.) when I thought about transferring my blog just a while ago. It’s true that I’ve been in a blogging rut lately, and haven’t been writing my posts with as much motivation as I used to. That’s why I want to start over, so that I could start with a new motivation, sort of.

But now that I think about it, I'm very attached to this blog. I hate the posts I wrote two years ago and how disorganized it has become now, but I can't seem to just leave all of these stuff I wrote.

Here comes the part I reminisce about the past. I know that you will find it very unusual that I would write something like this.

There were lots of things involved with this blog that kind of led to where I am now, and I can't just cast off. When I started this approximately 28 months ago, I thought I was the most technologically-advanced person my age at that time. While everyone at school limited themselves with Friendster and Y!M, I was figuring out how to write my posts well and customize my layout. Older people started telling me how "mature" I blogged, and I was proud of it. After a while, I found out that there were others who started before me. Then instead of aiming to be known as a prodigy at blogging, I aimed to be the best blogger I could be. There were a lot of times I was disheartened because other blogs owned by kids at high school were more popular than mine, but I kept into mind the readers and some web articles that inspired and encouraged me to keep on blogging.

End of the out-of-character portion of this post.

I can't imagine leaving all that behind. That would be like discarding memories spanning more than two years, all the inspiration I had to write posts, the feeling of accomplishment when I compose something coherent at the least, the excitement I felt whenever I find out I received a comment on an entry (popularity gained through blogging is considered only a bonus).Somehow I still want to start anew, meaning I'll have to work for my new blog to have the same stats, or even better, as the first one.

I could probably leave this one open and open another one here. I actually considered Wordpress because of the environment there, except I have to pay something so that I could make a custom layout and use it there. I might just have to get used to the intimidating XML here.

I don't know when these new changes will take place. I'm just certain that the definitely will sometime.

Signing off.

No comments: