Sunday, December 11, 2005

I woke up to some Christmas songs playing loudly in the kitchen while eveyone was getting ready for breakfast. The house was already decorated a few days ago, and there are kids caroling outside as I type. The last thing I did before going out of school was watch an interbatch Christmas carol contest and clad in a jacket the whole day. So why doesn't it feel like Christmas is in the air? It could have been because I was thinking of something else this week (exams, upcoming break, some other stuff). It makes this year feel different because I usually get excited for the holidays even at the middle of November. Well, I'll think about that.

Yesterday, I went to my past school for my sister's Family Day. It felt kind of weird staying there after nearly 7 months of high school somewhere else. I was already used to the freedom of the school I go to now. Now that I came back to check how everyone was doing since I left, I'd have to say that I like my new school better. I like it that the people there are more outgoing and in a crowd, a joke is cracked at least every 3 minutes. The teachers back there at high school now are also closer to the students and fool around. It made me uncomfortable to readjust for a few hours to a group who I thought were fun but I now find traditional and somewhat boring. My sister told me that there were some of her classmates and teachers were looking forward to meeting me. No one even came near me the whole 4 hours, not even one of my "rivals" last year. It just goes to show that things change over time. I'm not sure though whether it was me or the school that has changed.

I hope I said the first two paragraphs in a way almost everyone understands.

I now have an idea of things to do during my break. I'll try to update Neo Wings and PIWTHI at least once, finish reading the 6th Harry Potter, ride around the block on my scooter, clean up my room *shudder*, and study a little for the 4th quarter (yep, I'm insane).

1 comment:

the.volty.lass said...

awwwww.

Hope your christmas will be more happier.. soon...
it'll be.